1. Coffee in the morning. Nothing says “I love you” like waking up to a cup of coffee made just the way you like it.
2. Listening. When we take the time to listen to someone else without interrupting, or someone lends an ear to us, it demonstrates patience, respect, and love.
3. Creating art. Whether it’s something made intentionally for someone else or just taking some time to write or doodle, creating art is often times an expression of love.
4. Showering. Taking time to clean your body and wash your hair is time spent giving love to yourself. (And since you won’t be smelly, it’s also a great way of showing love to the people around you.)
5. Words. Sometimes we just want to hear that we are loved. Actions often speak louder than words but without some reassurance, it’s easy to forget the meaning behind the actions. Telling someone you love them, giving genuine compliments, or leaving little notes are all easy ways of reminding someone you love them.
6. At-home remedies. Sometimes we can’t afford to get massages or pedicures. Taking some time to give yourself or someone you love a massage or making a cup of hot tea filled with honey and lemon when you or someone else is sick is a great way to demonstrate love.
7. Apologizing. It can be hard to admit when we are wrong but if we make a mistake, apologizing shows others that we love them enough to ignore our pride.
8. Spending time together. Spending time with others doing things that you enjoy is one of the best ways to show someone you love them or to feel loved. Our time is valuable so making time for others means that they are valuable enough to make the time for.
9. Learning. We never stop learning in life and every time we do learn something new, it’s a form of showing ourselves love. It means we love ourselves enough to feed and nurture our minds.
10. Cooking for someone. Taking the time to prepare nourishing food for ourselves or for others is always a great and delicious way to demonstrate love.